September 1, 2011 · 8 comments

Bring on the BBQ Challenge

in Product Reviews

There’s more to barbecues than paper plates, tepid rosé, brown lettuce, burnt burgers and dodgy chicken. A lot more. I am an avid fan of the BBQ – there’s something rather magical about cooking over charcoal, maybe it’s the cave person in me?

Thanks to Tesco Real Food I am now the owner of a fabulous hot pink BBQ, cheers guys! And it was put to good use the other day. Yes I spotted the sun and got out there to make the most of it; lets face it summer in the UK has been rather poor in the weather stakes this year.

Tesco BBQ

I went for the Indian Summer vibe and cooked tandoori chicken with some parathas and lots & lots of lovely fresh from the garden salad.  Cooling cucumber raita is of course essential.

BBQ Tandoori Chicken

parathas

Cooling Cucumber Raita

For a BBQ pudding I took inspiration from Nigella Lawson and barbecued some slices of pineapple to serve with some pistachio kulfi, although I confess I didn’t make it.

Tesco are challenging customers to upload their best BBQ recipes to the Real Food website for the chance to be crowned the BBQ King or Queen.

Why don’t you head on over the the BBQ Challenge and get some more recipe inspiration and of course help prove that the girls are better than guys at BBQ cooking. I mean, come on, that’s right isn’t it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Ailbhe September 1, 2011 at 16:02

Lovely looking chicken there G – rubbish summer and only we managed a BBQ twice : (

Of course girls are better unless its Mr Food Urchin, now there’s a man who seems to do a mean BBQ

George@CulinaryTravels June 1, 2012 at 16:22

Yes, Mr Food Urchin’s BBQ’s are getting rather legendary aren’t they … I often drool over his Twitter pics.

Aoife Mc September 1, 2011 at 20:00

Wow-wee! A lovely looking spread for a BBQ there, Georgina. And I’m digging your cute BBQ. Hope you get a few more outings for it before winter really sets in!
Aoife Mc´s last blog post ..Spiced Sweet Potato Magic

George@CulinaryTravels September 27, 2011 at 18:58

Thanks Aoife! I’m hoping we get a few more warm ‘summer’ evenings too :)

Lucy September 11, 2011 at 11:39

Love that hot pink barbecue :) Your dishes all sound delicious – I wish summer wasn’t pretty much over now but fingers crossed for a barbecue friendly warm autumn!
Lucy´s last blog post ..Cheese and Onion Tear and Share Bread

George@CulinaryTravels September 27, 2011 at 18:59

Thanks Lucy :)

Kevin September 25, 2011 at 20:11

Wow what a spread, bit more adventurous that the normal burger in a bun :)
I was at a farmers fair today and saw one stall selling zebra, kangeroo, reindeer and impalla burgers. No one for the vegetarians haha.
Kevin´s last blog post ..Now taking Bookings for Christmas oven cleans

George@CulinaryTravels September 27, 2011 at 19:00

’tis a bit more adventurous, but, sometimes a good burger is all that you need. I’ve seen some of the exotic meats available at online butchers (yes, reputable ones) but I’ve not been adventurous enough to give it a try. Kevin did you try them?